Showing that the local business has an exciting future, Matt Ozolins from Webics and Eliza Gentles from Cherub Rubs, say you're never too young to win an accolade.
Matt Ozolins: Highly Commended - E-Business
• Webics is a Digital Agency that works with businesses wanting to implement an effective online strategy to drive increased leads and sales.
• We are 100% focussed on value in our business. We felt that delivering that value using digital marketing platforms on the scale we have within the Shoalhaven would be good to have recognised within the local business community.
•The awards night was huge; I had completely underestimated the size of the local business community. I think the business awards really helped us come out of our shells and push forward with the knowledge that we have a responsibility to work with as many local businesses as possible. Allowing them to remain ill-informed as to the online potential of their business would be doing them a huge disservice.
• Apart from generating a huge amount of business out of that night, I met someone that night that is now one of my closest mates and most reliable mentors. Cheers Sturty!
• Being radically transparent is something to focus on, especially if you are still really small. What you will notice is that when you stop trying to sugar coat aspects of your business that you think are not as good as they could be, you end up noticing the things you really should be proud of in your business and that positivity motivates you to continue moving entropy forward.
“The business awards is more than just a chance to tell people how fantastic you are, it is a rare opportunity to actually analyse your business. The more honest you are in that analysis, the more successful you will be in the awards and the coming year in business.”
Eliza Gentles: Highly Commended - Export
Cherub Rubs is an Australian based company producing a certified organic baby range and exporting these products to Honk Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Canada.
• We entered the Shoalhaven Business Awards to share our success in the export market. We learnt a lot about our business and how successful our last year of exporting had been and it showed us that we had achieved the goals we had set out. It also showed us what a great job other businesses in the Shoalhaven are doing with exporting.
I• t was a great achievement to receive highly commended in excellence in export and has become a valuable marketing tool.
• Ensure you have a well written submission that you have good knowledge of for the interview process.
Being awarded Highly Commended was a great privilege and although we did not win the category, it was an honour to be recognised for all of our efforts with our export markets. "One of our main competitive advantages in our overseas markets is that our products are Australian made and having received a Highly Commended award at a prestige event in the Shoalhaven has been a great marketing tool. We have been able to use this in our social media and to help gain new distributors and for our current distributors to use in marketing material."